Monday, October 26, 2009

I Know the Whole 50's Thing Has Been Done

But that doesn't mean I can't do my version of it, take my run at the theme, the mode, and see if I can add a twist or give a new spin on the old dance. I am not sure I have. But these old Alps cards from the 50s discovered in someone's old house full of their parents things saved after death work a little magic. The mountains as the container for the drama unfolding. The whole vacation feel of the resort areas allows the 50s characters, taken from old Life magazines of the era, room to act a little. They are meant as advertisements, so their poses are seductive or charming or curious already. I wanted to tell a little story too. A family facing a divorce but pretending everything is okay. Sounds like the 50s to me. Says the mid-60s end of boomer, not quite Gen-Xer.

No comments: