Sunday, September 20, 2009

Road Trip

Heading for Manhattan this morning. Going to meet with Bill Wilson, Ray Johnson scholar and old friend of Ray's. He's generously allowing BMCM+AC to borrow a selection of early Ray pieces for our show. Then I'll go up and catch the Ray show at Feigen. I'll be talking with Frances Beatty, their Director, about hopefully borrowing some pieces from the Ray Johnson estate. I probably won't have time, but I hope to get to the Frank AMERICANS  show. I think it's opened already.
If I am lucky, I will meet with Elaine Sexton, poet and collagist, an old friend who sits with me on the Q Ave Press board. 

In honor of this brief stint in the city, I have pulled out one of my first collages, early 90s. There are only two or three left from that period that I can still look at without cringing. This is one of them. Charles and I were joking (half joking) yesterday on the phone that having the postal exchange up on its own site is a little embarrassing. Did we really make those moves? But, then again, how great to see the progression! 


No comments: